One of the first questions I get from people when they see or hear I’m a runner is about my boobs. I’ve got 32ddd boobs and the next answer is yes they are real. 🙂
People have such a common misconception about running and big boobs. So let’s clear it up a bit.
Ladies… it is important to have a properly fitted sports bra. Your girls, boobs, knockers whatever you want to call them shouldn’t be bouncing and flopping all over the place. If you are wearing the right sports bra those puppies are going to be held right in place nice and snug.
AND NO you don’t need to wear a dozen sports bras to achieve this. In fact one sports bra is all you need. If you are using more then one … go see your local running store and have them fit you for a properly fitted sports bra. You may need to visit more then one store depending on what their selection looks like.
Look I’ll repeat. I’ve got larger boobs. I wear one sports bra. My boobies stay put. They aren’t flopping all over. They aren’t bouncing up to my throat or hitting me in the eye like so many people joke and yours shouldn’t be either.
I use and swear by the motion comfort Fiona sports bra with the adjustable velcro straps. I like it because I can really tighten the straps down and have control over how snug the boobs are in the bra.
So ladies. If you are constantly having to adjust, bouncing all over, etc get a better sports bra. 🙂
Another question I often get asked is what running gear do I use. So here’s a pic.
1. Garmin watch. I don’t bring a Phone with me so I use my Garmin for my time and distance.
2. My iPod nano for music. Again I don’t bring my phone so I have a separate music player.
3. My waist pouch for water and salt packs etc for longer runs. I don’t like carrying things in my hand when I run so I use the waist style water holder.
4. The normal shoes, bra, shorts etc. I typically skip underwear with my shorts especially if the shorts have the built in liner. I’ve found that too much layering down there sets me up for friction and rubbage issues.
5. Some sort of id. I like the tags that go in your shoe laces. Just in case something happens. Especially since I don’t carry a phone on me. The tag has my emergency contact info on it. Otherwise stash the tag in your running pouch ie your water pouch.
Til next time. Safe running. 🙂